Century Group is a BC-based, family-owned, mixed-use real estate development and construction company in business for 60 years. In addition to development, Century Group owns and manages a diverse portfolio of operating businesses, which includes apartment rentals, retail and commercial leasing, hospitality and seniors living.
Be part of Century Group where our people are engaged in our core values of community, collaboration and creativity.
Century Group Lands Corporation is now seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist to work closely with the Property Accountant, Rental Properties and the Senior Property Accountant, Seniors Housing.
Reporting to the Property Accountant, Rental Properties and to the Senior Property Accountant, Seniors’ Housing, this role is responsible for accounting and administrative support for our residential, commercial and seniors’ housing portfolios, as well as administrative support for the Finance Department. This role will have a combination of daily accounting and administrative tasks. They will ensure their respective area operates effectively and efficiently to meet business objectives.
- Manages accounts receivable of our rental and seniors’ housing portfolios – process various deposits including cheques, e-transfers, direct deposits and credit card payments
- Send out monthly statements to tenants
- Process monthly rent rolls and pre-authorized payments
- Process monthly move out security deposit refunds
- Assists with commercial tenant recoveries including annual reconciliations and tenant chargebacks
- Assists with tenant move in procedures
- Assists in setting up pre-authorized debit information
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and subledgers and other month-end related tasks
- Perform administrative duties as needed by the Finance Department including acting as administrative support for the Vice President, Finance and Corporate Controller
- Ad-hoc projects and additional duties
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Two to three years of experience in property management accounts receivable
- Accounting diploma or degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Yardi Voyager an asset but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or G Suite products
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple demands, competing priorities and adapt to new ideas and changes
- Keen focus on producing accurate and high caliber deliverables
Competitive pay, Extended Health & Dental, Group Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, AD&D, Pension Plan, RRSP, Training & Career Development.
Tap below to access our application system.
13 October 2021
1 November 2021