Century Group is a BC-based, family-owned, mixed-use real estate development and construction company in business for 60 years. In addition to development, Century Group owns and manages a diverse portfolio of operating businesses, which includes apartment rentals, retail and commercial leasing, hospitality and seniors living.
Century Group is now seeking a Building Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Mobile) to support our Facilities Team, in our Tsawwassen Facilities office, as we continue to expand and build our portfolio of real estate assets, development and mixed-use projects.
Reporting to the Facilities Supervisor, Facilities Management, the Building Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Mobile) is responsible for a wide variety of skilled duties involved in the servicing, repair and preventative maintenance of mechanical systems in Century Group properties. This role has a significant customer service component and participates in the on-call schedule.
- Performs general plumbing duties including preventative repairs and shower and faucet repairs or replacements.
- Performs boiler and plumbing checks and routine maintenance.
- Performs HVAC equipment maintenance and servicing.
- Completes preventative maintenance and logs system reading and relevant information in established systems and in accordance with standards and procedures.
- Installs, tests, inspects, replaces, maintains and repairs/replaces worn or defective equipment and/or parts.
- Other general duties, as required, including, but not limited to, power washing, snow removal and other related duties.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED plus four to six (4-6) years' recent related experience. Trade certificate or other trades related courses considered an asset. Clear Class 5 driver's license.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to physically carry out the duties of the job which includes the ability to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to resolve conflict.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret data, information and documents and ability to use technology tools and relevant software.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Basic math and mathematical reasoning.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated history of integrity and exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to take calls as scheduled.
Century Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Tap below to access our application system.