Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection®, is a bold landmark that merges BC’s artistry, culture and flavours with the spirit of entrepreneurial discovery. Bold in concept and loaded with premium amenities and services, the Civic Hotel is the first world-class hotel to be built in Surrey in more than two decades.
The Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the icon of a great city centre.
Civic is social. Conveniently located next to the Surrey City Centre SkyTrain station, in the City Centre, the Civic Hotel is an iconic centrepiece that forms the hub of this growing metropolis. The Civic Hotel is here.
Reporting to Senior Property Accountant and working collaboratively on a day to day basis with the Site General Manager(s). This position is responsible for the day-to-day on-site accounting for the Civic Hotel and Dominion Bar + Kitchen; ensuring systems and controls are in place to effectively capture the transactions and safeguard the assets. As well, this role provides regular, timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis.
Work days will typically be Monday – Friday, but may vary based on business needs. HOW
The specific responsibilities of the Property Accountant, Hospitality will vary depending on the needs of the properties. Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Adheres to established policies and procedures for all assigned properties.
- Continuously evaluates financial and operational policies and procedures with a view to improving their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensures compliance with sales tax (GST/PST) legislation.
- Reviews accuracy and timeliness of the night audit and cashier reports.
- Reviews and audits cash receipts, issues and monitors cash floats.
- Participates in food and beverage inventory counts.
- Processes credit applications.
- Reviews ledgers & invoices to ensure billings are issued and collected in a timely basis.
- Reviews Banquet & Catering Revenue tracking.
- Reviews and verifies invoices for payment.
- Verifies and validates franchise fee payments.
- Prepares Travel Agent reconciliations.
- Reporting, Planning and Forecasting.
- Prepares and analyzes the daily sales and labour reports.
- Assists with the preparation of forecasts and budgets.
- Prepares special reports as requested.
Education & Experience
- Enrolled in and working towards a CPA designation or a degree/diploma in accounting/finance, plus 5 years’ experience in a full cycle accounting role, preferably in a hospitality environment.
- Knowledge of local, regional, provincial and federal laws and regulations (including tax regulations).
- Previous Marriott Hotel experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience generating and analyzing monthly financial reports.
- Experience with budgetary processes.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and an aptitude for information systems and software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough, logical and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated customer service skills that build a positive organizational reputation and return business.
- Communicates and problem solves effectively, finding solutions that are beneficial to guests, associates and the organization.
- Enhances one’s own ability and the ability of other’s to contribute.
- Displays a positive attitude, maintains enthusiasm and celebrates success.
- Hospitality experience will be an asset.
Civic Hotel offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!
Tap below to access our application system.