We are looking for a compassionate, positive and caring Care Aide, to join our team on a casual (on-call) basis.
The Care Aide performs routine functions involved in the provision of care to residents. Duties are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures and in a manner which respects the uniqueness, dignity, worth, need for self-respect and self-determination of the individual and in ways which promote maximum personal and functional independence including:
- Provides personal care to residents such as assistance with bathing, toileting, care of skin, hair, nails and mouths, dressing and other activities of daily living
- Sets, serves meals and clears tables in the dining area during resident meal periods
- Assists residents to and from the dining area in accordance with scheduled meal times and feeds residents requiring assistance
- Transfers residents in or out of bed, to and from wheelchairs or to other areas of the facility
- Reports any incidents involving residents or any changes in resident conditions
- Changes bed linen, towels, and resident clothing as necessary
- Performs light housekeeping duties to ensure residents' supply and storage areas are kept clean
- Assist with social and activity programs including accompanying residents on excursions
- Assist with admissions, discharges and transfers of residents according to the facility policies and procedures
- Residential Care Aide Certificate or equivalent
- Proof of registration with BC Care Aide Registry
- Current basic First Aid Certificate
- Food Safe Certificate
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to speak and understand written and oral instructions in English
- Previous experience in a continuing care facility or home support services setting is preferred
If you love seniors, feel that you meet the qualifications above, and have good availability, we would like to hear from you.
NOTE: Please advise what days and hours you would be available to work.
Tap below to access our application system.
27 November 2018
1 September 2019