Wexford, our newest Bria Community located in beautiful, sunny Tsawwassen, has
been opened since February 2016. At Bria
Communities, our passion is to create environments that are comfortable and
safe. With a welcoming and inviting culture, Bria encourages residents to stay
active and get involved. We take care of
the chores so they can focus on the enjoyable aspects of life!
We are looking for Casual Server to join our team and work with us to set the tone for an inviting, vibrant community for our new residents that will call The Wexford home.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Applications are currently being accepted for friendly and enthusiastic Servers.
Reporting to the Chef, or designate, the Server is responsible for all aspects of service in the dining room. Resident lounges and room service for the residents, guests and the public.
- This position is responsible for all aspects of service in the dining room, lounges and tray delivery to and pickup from the suites. Service includes lunch and dinner, teas, special events and room service through table/tray presentation, delivery and pick up of trays from resident suites (as required), preparation and service of food, beverages and accompaniments.
- Assist with the preparation, replenishment and presentation of food and beverage under the direction of the Chef or designate.
- Carry out general cleaning duties and routines, including setting and cleaning of tables together with the bases and covers.
- Clean and keep tidy preparation, service areas, carts and equipment.
- Scrape and stack/rack dishes and when required return them to storage.
- Carry out general cleaning of spills and food on carpet in the dining room and lounge areas as required.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Minimum Grade 10 education or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a recognized facility, hotel or restaurant.
- Food Safe Certificate is required.
- Skilled with use of relevant kitchen equipment and machines.
Required Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must be physically and mentally able to carry out the assigned duties.
- Must be organized and have the ability to work in a busy environment.
- Must possess the qualities and attitude that respects and maintains the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents and employees.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, organize the departmental operation, and supervise subordinates when acting as lead hand.
- Must be able to speak and understand English competently.
- Must be capable of safely and efficiently, operating all equipment associated with the duties required for the position.
Tap below to access our application system.