The Wexford, our newest Bria Community located in beautiful, sunny Tsawwassen, is set to open in February 2016. At Bria Communities, our passion is to create environments that are comfortable and safe. With a welcoming and inviting culture, Bria encourages residents to stay active and get involved. We take care of the chores so they can focus on the enjoyable aspects of life!
We are looking for an energetic, detail oriented casual Housekeeper to join our team. As a member of the Wexford team, your role will not only be to make our resident rooms sparkle, but also to engage and get to know our residents to make sure they feel comfortable and welcome.
If you love to clean, enjoy interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Applications are currently being accepted for friendly, reliable and detail oriented Housekeeper.
Responsible for providing a clean, safe, worry-free environment for our residents, the Housekeeper has a talent for building relationships with residents, while ensuring the detailed cleanliness of their home. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the cleaning of residents’ rooms, common property, utility rooms, wash/bathing rooms, dining rooms and other areas, as assigned. Housekeepers will:
- Cleans, disinfects, vacuums, dusts residents' rooms, common areas, and any other areas as assigned on a scheduled basis.
- Vacuums carpet and cleans interior windows in resident suites and common areas as assigned.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms, washes floors, makes beds, takes linens to laundry.
- Prepares cleaning solutions and utilizes cleaning supplies in accordance with established procedures and safe practices.
- Ensures that furniture is arranged to provide a safe and efficient environment.
- Checks and restocks laundry supplies as required.
- Ensures laundry equipment and supplies are used and stored in a safe and efficient manner. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to the Manager.
- Ensures health, safety and hygiene practices/procedures are adhered to and assists in maintaining quality assurance standards.
- Delivers laundered linens to residents’ room.
- Maintains a current knowledge of and complies with Bria policies and procedures.
- Complies with all WHMIS requirements.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Minimum of Grade 10 education or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a health care setting is preferred.
- Knowledge about the safe use of cleaning chemicals and equipment required.
required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must be physically and mentally able to carry out the assigned duties with minimum supervision.
- Must possess the qualities and attitude that respects and maintains the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents.
- Must be able to speak and understand English competently and to understand written and oral instructions in English.
- Must be capable of safely and efficiently operating all equipment associated with the duties required for the position.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relations by displaying tact, courtesy and patience with residents, staff, visitors and volunteers in the workplace.
Tap below to access our application system.