Communities, our passion is to create an environment that is comfortable and
safe. With a welcoming and inviting culture, Bria encourages residents to stay
active and get involved. We take care of
the chores so they can focus on the enjoyable aspects of life!
We are looking for a casual Recreation Assistant to join our team and work with us to set the tone for an inviting, vibrant community for our new residents that will call The Waterford home.
If you enjoy interacting with and getting to know seniors, love organizing entertainment and activities, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
The Recreation Assistant plays a key role in ensuring that residents have ample activity programs that meet their physical, social, emotional, intellectual and cultural needs. Working closely with the Recreation Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for organizing and carrying out daily activity programs including exercise classes, entertainment, crafts and related activities which encourage involvement and independence. Other key duties include:
- Driving the Bria bus to take residents on outings.
- Assisting in the development and production of monthly activity calendars and other informational material for residents.
- Observing and reporting any changes in residents’ functional and cognitive behaviour to the Manager.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience, which includes program coordination, event planning, and working with Seniors.
- Diploma in a Recreation Program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Class 4 driving license required.
- Physically and mentally able to carry out assigned duties.
- Current Basic First Aid Certificate.
Note: Preference will be given to qualified internal candidates.
Tap below to access our application system.