We are looking for energetic, detail oriented Housekeepers to join our team. As a member of the Magnolia Gardens team, your role will not only be to make our resident rooms sparkle, but also to engage and get to know our residents to make sure they feel comfortable and welcome.
If you love to clean, enjoy interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customers service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Shifts: 7:00 am – 2:30 pm
Reporting to the Director of Care, or designate, the Housekeeper is responsible for the general cleaning and sanitation duties of residents’ rooms, common property, utility rooms, bathing rooms, dining rooms, staff rooms, offices and other areas as assigned.
- Cleans, disinfects, vacuums, dusts, washes and waxes residents' rooms and furniture, common areas, and any other areas as assigned on a scheduled basis
- Shampoos carpet and cleans interior windows in resident rooms/suites and common areas as assigned
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms, equipment, beds, and furniture
- Prepares cleaning solutions and utilizes cleaning supplies in accordance with established procedures and safe practices
- Ensures that furniture is arranged to provide a safe and efficient environment
- Checks and restocks laundry supplies as required
- Ensures laundry equipment and supplies are used and stored in a safe and efficient manner. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to the Supervisor
- Ensures health, safety and hygiene practices/procedures are adhered to and assists in maintaining quality assurance standards
- Maintains a current knowledge of facility policies and procedures and complies with all policies and procedures
Qualifications and Abilities
- Minimum of Grade 10 education or equivalent
- Previous experience in a health care setting is preferred
- Institutional certificate is an asset
- Knowledge about the safe use of cleaning chemicals and equipment
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be physically and mentally able to carry out the assigned duties with minimum supervision
- Must possess the qualities and attitude that respects and maintains the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents
- Must be able to speak and understand English competently and to understand written and oral instructions in English
- Must be capable of safely and efficiently operating all equipment associated with the duties required for the position
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relations by displaying tact, courtesy and patience with residents, staff, visitors and volunteers in the workplace
Tap below to access our application system.