Dominion Bar + Kitchen is an upscale premium casual independent restaurant that will provide its own uniqueness and neighbourhood flavours. A stand-alone restaurant, it will also provide food and beverage services for the Civic Hotel. With its warm and friendly design, with an open kitchen and seating around the bar, the restaurant encourages the neighbourhood to embrace this as their own, with a focus on “Food.Drink.Art”
At Dominion Bar + Kitchen we take pride in serving the best food on every dish. The Dishwasher performs a variety of duties including cleaning dishware, silverware and pots and pans. The role maintains all work areas in a clean and orderly fashion ensuring proper sanitation and cleaning procedures. We are looking for a Casual on-call Dishwasher to join our team for weekend shifts.
- Washing of all chinaware, glass ware, dishes, platters, basket, flat ware, cooking ware, kitchen utensils, Thermos containers, etc.
- Cleaning floor of the kitchen and all walk in refrigerators
- General cleaning of the kitchen and contributing to general state of hygiene in kitchen as per Provincial standards
- Communicating any failure or malfunction of washing, cleaning and sanitizing equipment to Chef de Partie, Sous-chef or Chef
- Basic preparations, peeling, cutting and transformation of raw vegetables, fruits
- Displaying a sense of ownership in their work
- Maintaining a professional conduct and etiquette
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant
- Performs other duties as assigned and directed by Sous Chef and Executive Chef
Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- Food Safe certificate an asset
- Minimum 1 year in a professional kitchen
- Must be eligible to work in the Canada
- Previous dishwashing experience an asset
Skills and abilities
- Possess good health and safety habits
- Must be personable and friendly
- High energy and strong work ethic
Tap below to access our application system.