Sunridge Gardens, a Bria Community located in Langley, BC, with the passion to create an environment that is comfortable and safe, is currently recruiting for a casual Receptionist to join our team.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, are hard-working, have exemplary customer service skills, and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Applications are currently being accepted for a friendly and enthusiastic Receptionist.
Shifts are 7:00 am – 3:00 pm, 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm, and 11:00 pm – 7:00 am.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Receptionist is responsible for performing a variety of reception, secretarial and administrative duties. The Receptionist is responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of the residents by being aware and available to deal with any issue or emergency that arises.
- Greets and directs visitors and handles daily tenant requests and inquiries
- Perform various typing/computer and filing duties, including responding to emails, preparing correspondence, admission forms, tenant records and personal documents
- Sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail. Receives or directs all deliveries or returns
- Maintains communication log daily, with information that is relevant to the operation of the business and the activities of the residents
- Coordinates move in and out activities including elevator lock off and key distribution. Assists with familiarizing new residents with the building, food service and activities. Manage key controls
- Assists in the maintenance of the following records: Rent Roll/Tenant lists and information/Tenant service accounts/Supplier and contract files/other records as determined
- Collects monthly rent cheques and issue receipts. Maintain individual resident accounts, and invoice residents. Responsible for maintaining various accounts for guest and staff meals
- Sorts, matches and processes invoices for review and payment
- Maintains office supplies by implementing the management policies and procedures of purchasing, ordering, and inventory control
- In coordination with the Recreation Coordinator, ensures that events such as movies, cards etc are organized and equipment available and set up for residents before the event begins
- Coordinates morning resident safety check, tray service requests, maintenance and housekeeping work orders, tuck shop purchases, key distribution and other related activities
- Types and distribute minutes of management and staff committee meetings, such as Occupational Health and Safety, Resident Council and staff meetings, as requested
- Familiarity with fire and emergency procedures and ability to act as the Fire Warden when situations dictate. Respond to health, fire, resident, maintenance or other emergencies in accordance with policy and procedures
- Completes security check of the building between 7:00 and 11:00 pm (night shift only)
- Report any concerns regarding the health or well-being of the resident and maintenance. Complete Incident reports and manage resident interactions with grace, tact and confidentiality
- Assist with dining room/laundry tasks if schedule permits
- Ensures common areas on the main floor are neat and tidy at all times
- Ensure office equipment and supplies are used and stored in a safe and efficient manner
- Report any unsafe or faulty equipment to the designated supervisor
- Ensure resident rights of privacy and confidentiality are maintained, except in the proper operation of the business
- Serve on committees and attend meetings as required
- Maintain a current knowledge of and comply with all facility policies and procedures
- Other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Abilities
- Minimum Grade 12 and Receptionist or Administrative Assistant training from a recognized business program/school required or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum of two (2) years recent office experience, preferably in a receptionist role
- Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency using Word, Excel and Outlook. Minimum 45 wpm, accurate typing skills
- Basic accounting skills
- Level one first aid skills course with pass credentials
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relations by displaying tact, courtesy and patience with residents, staff, family members, volunteers and visitors. Also must demonstrate a pleasant courteous manner when on the telephone or answering inquiries
- Must possess the qualities and attitude that respects and maintains the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents and employees
- Must have the ability to safely and efficiently operate all equipment associated with the duties of the position
- Must be able to organize and prioritize the daily workload in an effective and efficient manner. Must be resourceful, creative and adaptive in dealing with individual resident families and others, as well as show empathy for and understand the needs of the elderly and disabled
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relations by displaying tact, courtesy and patience with others in the workplace
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Tap below to access our application system.