Sunridge Gardens, a Bria Community located in Langley, BC, with the passion to create an environment that is comfortable and safe, is currently recruiting for a casual Recreation Assistant to join our team.
If you enjoy interacting with and getting to know seniors, love organizing entertainment and activities, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Applications are currently being accepted for a friendly and enthusiastic Recreation Assistant.
Shifts are 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
The Recreation Assistant plays a key role in ensuring that residents have ample activity programs that meet their physical, social, emotional, intellectual and cultural needs. Working closely with the Recreation Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for organizing and carrying out daily activity programs including exercise classes, entertainment, crafts and related activities which encourage involvement and independence. Other key duties include:
- Driving the Bria bus to take residents on outings
- Assisting in the development and production of monthly activity calendars and other informational material for residents
- Observing and reporting any changes in residents’ functional and cognitive behaviour to the Manager
- Maintains a current knowledge of an complies with all facility policies and procedures
- Ensures residents’ rights of privacy and confidentiality are maintained except in the proper operation of the business
Qualifications and Abilities
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience, which includes program coordination, event planning, and working with Seniors
- Diploma in a Recreation Program or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Class 4 driving license is required
- Physically and mentally able to carry out assigned duties
- Current Basic First Aid Certificate
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess the qualities and attitude that respects and maintains the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents and employees
- Must have the ability to speak and understand English competently and to understand written and oral instructions in English
- Must have the ability to teach residents in appropriate activities
- Must have the ability to be creative and to stimulate interest and participation of residents in the activity programs.
- Must be in good health, physically and mentally able to carry out the assigned duties in the working environment
- Must be able to carry out significant amounts of physical movement such as lifting, bending, stooping and stretching
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Tap below to access our application system.
19 February 2019
1 September 2019