Magnolia Gardens, our Bria Community located in Langley, is looking for Casual RNs and LPNs to join our team and work with us to set the tone for an inviting, vibrant community for our residents that call Magnolia Gardens home.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, enjoy providing care, and improving the lives of others we want to hear from you!
Applications are currently being accepted for friendly and enthusiastic RNs and LPNs.
Shifts: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm, 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm, 11:00 pm – 7:00 am
Reporting to the Director of Care, or designate, evaluates, directs and maintains resident care routines including the administration of medications and assessment of resident's physical, psychological and social health. Responsibilities include the direct supervision of Care Aides in the provision of nursing care.
- Provides direct nursing care, including administration of medications, medical treatments and documented procedures as per provincial regulations and facility policies and procedures
- Maintains residents' records to the required standards
- Uses good body mechanics and the proper techniques, lifts, transfers, porters and ambulates residents in a manner which promotes safety and comfort
- In conjunction with the infection control program, maintains protection against cross infection by using aseptic techniques
- Assists with admissions, discharges and transfers of residents according to facility policies and procedures
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing care plans and treatments and informs the Director of Care and/or residents' physician of significant changes in the condition of any resident
- Observes and charts changes in behavior and reactions to treatment and medication
- Checks and records vital signs such as, but not limited, to blood pressure, pulse, temperature and weight
- Assists with the orientation and evaluation of the performance of the care staff
- Ensures residents' rights of privacy and confidentiality are maintained
- Ensures that proper security procedures are followed in the handling and storage of any confidential material
Qualifications and Abilities
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Currently registered or licensed with RNABC or RPNABC
- Current certificate or license as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience in long term care is preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be in good health, physically and mentally able to carry out the assigned duties in the working environment
- Must possess the qualities and attitude that respects and maintains the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents and employees
- Must be able to take a leadership role and provide positive support to staff and volunteers to encourage and stimulate resident social and health plans
- Must have the ability to speak and understand English competently and to understand written and oral instructions in English
- Must have the ability to safely and efficiently operate all equipment associated with the duties of the position
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Tap below to access our application system.