Century Group has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Payroll Specialist working within a supportive team setting and reporting to the Director, Payroll, the successful candidate will be accountable to ensure all aspects of the hourly and monthly payroll cycles for 500+ employees are processed in a timely and accurate manner, and in accordance with the organization and legislative policies.
Century Group is a BC-based, family-owned, mixed-use real estate development and construction company in business for 60 years. In addition to development, Century Group owns and manages a diverse portfolio of operating businesses, which includes apartment rentals, retail and commercial leasing, hospitality and seniors living.
Please visit https://centurygroup.ca/ for more information about us.
Reporting to the Director, Payroll, this position is responsible for processing payroll, fulfilling the reporting requirements of other departments and external parties, and handling all payroll accounting duties. This role is also responsible for providing service to internal and external stakeholders.
As part of the payroll team, the Payroll Specialist will:
- Enter all information into systems to ensure payroll is completed accurately, on time, and in accordance with legislative and organizational requirements
- Maintain proper documentation to back up all payroll system entries for audit and record keeping purposes
- Respond to all stakeholder inquiries regarding payroll
- Assist Director, Payroll with completion of all year-end/new year requirement
- Prepare all payroll journal entries including accruals
- Reconcile all payroll liability accounts
- Maintain proper documentation to back all accounting entries for audit and record keeping purposes
- Prepare and submit reporting to third parties including unions, Service Canada, WorkSafeBC and CRA
- Maintain proper documentation to back up all payroll reporting work for audit and record keeping purposes
Education & Experience
High School Graduate
Minimum three to five (3-5) years’ full-cycle Canadian payroll and benefits experience. Minimum PCP or just completing.
Experience with Payroll Guardian (PGI) considered an asset
Additional education in Accounting, Human Resources, Benefits or other related fields considered an asset
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of current payroll legislation
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships
- Strong analytical skills, ability to detect errors and take corrective actions as required
- Ability to work with limited supervision and meet department and individual deadlines
- A self-starter with excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to set and adjust priorities frequently and accept numerous interruptions.
- Experience with performing full scope of payroll work in a formal payroll system is required; experience with PGi considered an asset
- Recent experience in a unionized payroll environment
Tap below to access our application system.