The Wexford, our newest Bria Community located in beautiful, sunny Tsawwassen, has been opened since February 2016. At Bria Communities, our passion is to create environments that are comfortable and safe. With a welcoming and inviting culture, Bria encourages residents to stay active and get involved. We take care of the chores so they can focus on the enjoyable aspects of life!
We are looking for a Part-time Cook to join our team and work with us to set the tone for an inviting, vibrant community for our residents that call The Wexford home.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Applications are currently being accepted for a friendly and enthusiastic Cook.
Minimum 16 hours per week. Start date 15 March 2019.
Reporting to the Chef, or designate, the Cook is responsible for the daily preparation and cooking of meals and nourishments from the menu and recipes that are set by the Chef.
- Responsible for the production of menu items including preparation, production and presentation of menu items and will maintain a high standard of food quality and service.
- Assists the Chef in organizational planning related to nutritional services through planning and implementation of menus and schedules.
- Operates cooking equipment in a safe and proper manner. Checks equipment and cooking area after use to ensure safety requirements are maintained. Ensures all dietary equipment is maintained in a proper working order.
- Ensures safety and hygiene practices/procedures are adhered to and assist in maintaining quality assurance standards that comply with all Health and Safety Standards and Regulations.
- In the absence of the Chef, takes responsibility for the production of the department.
- Assists in maintaining departmental budget control by adhering to management policies and procedures of purchasing, ordering, stock and inventory control as required.
- Maintains a current knowledge of facility policies and procedures and complies with the policies and procedures.
- Promotes and maintains positive communication and relationships among management, staff, residents and the public.
- Ensure residents' rights of privacy and confidentiality are maintained, except in the proper operation of the business.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Must possess a diploma from a recognized cooking school.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a recognized establishment.
- Food Safe Certificate is required.
- Red Seal Certificate is a definite asset.
Required Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, organize the departmental operation, and supervise subordinates when acting as lead hand.
- Must be able to speak and understand English competently.
- Must be capable of safely and efficiently, operating all equipment associated with the duties required for the position.
Tap below to access our application system.