Magnolia Gardens, our Bria Community located in Langley, is looking for Casual Care Aides to join our team and work with us to set the tone for an inviting, vibrant community for our residents that call Magnolia Gardens home.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, enjoy providing care, and improving the lives of others we want to hear from you!
Applications are currently being accepted for friendly and enthusiastic Care Aides.
Shifts: 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (0600-1400)
2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. (1400-2200)
10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m. (2200-0600)
Reporting to the Director of Care, under the supervision of the Nurse, the Care Aide performs routine functions involved in the provision of daily care to residents.
· Provides personal care to residents such as assistance with bathing, toileting, care of skin, hair, nails and mouths, dressing and other activities of daily living
· Sets, serves meals and clears tables in the dining area during resident meal periods
· Assists residents to and from the dining area in accordance with scheduled meal times. Ensures residents receive adequate nutrition according to individual care plans by feeding, distributing meal trays and nutrition, noting changes in appetites and food preferences
· Changes bed linen and resident clothing as necessary. Replenishes towels/linens for residents as necessary
· May assist with social and activity programs including daily exercise accompanying residents on excursions. Ensures safe return of wandering residents
· Cleans if necessary, and in consultation with the housekeeping staff, performs light housekeeping duties to ensure residents’ areas, supply and storage areas are kept clean
· Familiarizes self with fire and emergency procedures
· Answers resident’s calls promptly and responds to requests for assistance from residents
· Using good body mechanics and proper techniques, lifts and transfers porters / ambulates residents in a manner which promotes safety and comfort
· Observes and reports any changes in a resident’s functional and cognitive behavior changes in resident’s physical state to the nurse on duty
· Assist with admissions, discharges, and transfers of residents according to the facility policies and procedures
· Promotes and assists residents to participate in social, spiritual and recreational activities
· Ensures nursing equipment and supplies are used and stored in a safe and efficient manner
· Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to the designated supervisor
· Ensures that proper security procedures are followed in the handling and storage of any confidential material
· Attends staff in service and continuing education programs and approved work related conferences and seminars
· Serves on committees and attends meetings as required
· Participates in multi-disciplinary care planning when requested
· Maintains a current knowledge of and complies with all facility policies and procedures
Qualifications and Abilities
· Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
· Residential Care Aide Certificate from a reputable / accredited school required
· Minimum 2 years of residential care home experience
· Must be registered with the BC Care Aide Registry (proof required)
· Must have Food Safe Certificate
· Basic First Aid considered an asset
required knowledge, skills and abilities
· Ability to communicate in English effectively, both verbally and in writing
· Physically and mentally able to carry out the duties of the position under minimum supervision
· Ability to organize work
· Ability to operate related equipment
Tap below to access our application system.