Century Group is a BC-based, family-owned, mixed-use real estate development and construction company in business for 60 years. In addition to development, Century Group owns and manages a diverse portfolio of operating businesses, which includes apartment rentals, retail and commercial leasing, hospitality and seniors living.
Be part of Century Group where our people are engaged in our core values of community, collaboration and creativity.
Century Group is now seeking a Director, Facilities Management to work closely with the Vice President, Operations to manage, lead and collaborate with our Facilities Team.
The Director, Facilities Management has overall responsibility for all functions relating to the maintenance, repair and operation of the physical infrastructure and grounds including: structural, mechanical, utility & emergency electrical systems, project planning and implementation, and all staff employed in these functions. Working in collaboration with site and Division leaders, this role is to enhance operational efficiency across all properties, as it pertains to preventative maintenance, environmental initiatives, related procurement and capital/operating expense management, safety and security. Leads the Facilities component of the Capital Planning process. Ensures Division goals and initiatives are aligned to achieve the strategic and operational objectives in keeping with organizational values.
- Leads team of Engineers and Maintenance, Security, Fire & Life Safety Staff.
- Develops and manages annual/quarterly operational plans for specified properties in consultation with the responsible site leader. Prioritizes across the portfolio and efficiently utilizes budget and resources in achieving outcomes. Communicates adjustments as necessary.
- In consultation with the responsible property operational leader, develops a rolling five (5) year budget for expected major capital repairs and replacements. Monitors and regularly reports to stakeholders on progress to budget and plan, communicates adjustments and outcomes.
- Builds, manages and works collaboratively with strategic partnerships/stakeholders and external service contractors and consultants.
- Monitors and maintains vehicles, tools and equipment associated directly with Facilities Management department.
- Develops preventative maintenance protocols and checklist where applicable and then coordinates and monitors schedules for repairs and maintenance utilizing C.M.M.S. Software
- Oversees employee schedules, including holidays, leaves and time sheets
Education & Experience
Certified Facilities Manager (CFM) and 7 to 10 years’ progressive leadership experience including experience with sustainable technologies and hands-on trade experience; OR the equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience with energy efficient and sustainable technologies and facilities.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in one of the trades and a demonstrated ability to manage capital replacement/commissioning project.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop effective, engaged teams; build and maintain strategic partnerships, and work collaboratively with stakeholders and staff to achieve high quality results.
- Strong organizational, problems solving, change management and project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and to deliver service on time in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external contacts both verbally and in writing.
Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking a challenge… just like you!
Please apply online at https://centurygroup.ca/about-us/join-our-team/current-opportunities with a Resume and cover letter outlining how your experience has prepared you for this role.
Tap below to access our application system.