Century Group is a BC-based, family-owned, mixed-use real estate development and construction company in business for 60 years. In addition to development, Century Group owns and manages a diverse portfolio of operating businesses, which includes apartment rentals, retail and commercial leasing, hospitality and seniors living.
Be part of Century Group where our people are engaged in our core values of community, collaboration and creativity.
Century Group Lands Corporation is now seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to work closely with our Controller and Finance Team.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts Payable Clerk will be highly organized, collaborative, and results focused to ensure payments to suppliers and creditors are paid accurately and on-time. This position is responsible for processing invoices and maintaining accurate account payable files. The AP Clerk will manage multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Uploads invoices to our electronic payables system daily.
- Process invoices in a timely manner, adding to appropriate work flow.
- Reviews invoices and ensures coding is correct, taxes are properly recorded.
- Review and apply invoices to contracts.
- Holdback review and processing.
- Ensure necessary approvals have been obtained.
- Reconciles monthly statements and follows-up to resolve discrepancies.
- Prepares weekly cheque runs.
- Responds to internal and external Accounts Payable inquiries in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
Our ideal candidate has at least two (2) years in a similar position, coupled with a Grade 12 education and post-secondary accounting courses, or an equivalent combination thereof. Previous office experience and basic bookkeeping is an asset.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer skills, including intermediate Excel skills and an ability to quickly learn new software.
- Strong problem solving skills with an attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain integrity in relationships with co-workers and external customers.
- Experience with Yardi & Payscan is an asset.
Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking a challenge… just like you!
Tap below to access our application system.