Dominion Bar + Kitchen is OPEN! Located at the heart of it all with an amazing view of the Civic Plaza and an urban vibe like no other. Our unique and innovative menu is centered around new Canadian entrees, appetizers and classic favorites. With a focus on locally sourced ingredients and an exciting list of signature cocktails, amazing BC wines, and locally crafted beer.
We are currently seeking energetic, confident and reliable individuals to join our team!
The role of Line/Prep Cook reports directly to the Sous Chef and Head Chef. This role cooks and prepares a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stock, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to kitchen protocol and standards.
- Ensure that meals are prepared in a timely manner in accordance with Dominion's recipes and assembly manuals and charts.
- Prepare and follow a daily prep sheet to indicate levels on hand and amounts required.
- Clean and organize the kitchen at all times. Follow all required checklists and cleaning schedules during and following his/her shift.
- Assure the proper care and maintenance of all food service equipment; identify equipment needs for food preparation and service.
- Ensure food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, and sanitation of food products.
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant.
- Performs other duties as assigned and directed by Sous Chef and Head Chef.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma
- Level 1 Foodsafe
- Minimum 1 year in a professional kitchen.
- Must be eligible to work in the Canada.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Passion for fresh ingredients and producing great food every day.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
- Customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must work well within a restaurant team culture.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
- A positive and team-oriented attitude.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work morning, evening and weekend shifts as business dictates.
Dominion Bar + Kitchen offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!
Tap below to access our application system.