Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection®, is a bold landmark that merges BC’s artistry, culture and flavours with the spirit of entrepreneurial discovery. Bold in concept and loaded with premium amenities and services, the Civic Hotel is the first world-class hotel to be built in Surrey in more than two decades.
The Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the icon of a great city centre.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Shift Engineer will play a critical role in maintaining general condition of the property with regards to all aspects. Maintains a professional and pleasant attitude and provides excellent customer service to ensure customer satisfaction. Promptly complete maintenance request work orders from all departments and participates in the hotel’s preventive maintenance program.
1. Perform minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment. (Major repairs are performed under supervised licensed maintenance workers.)
2. Perform work in accordance with preventive maintenance program.
3. Perform basic HVAC+Controls, Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry, Painting and Preventive Maintenance work orders.
4. Take daily readings on Utility, Mechanical & Electrical Equipment and Pool/Spa chemicals.
5. Cleans and inspect pool and spa, maintain/treat water with proper chemicals and levels.
6. Complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
7. Repair electrical equipment and control circuits; replace faulty electrical switches; repairs refrigeration equipment, etc.
8. Troubleshoot and repair electrical locks and control panels to maintain building security.
9. Report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; and properly store flammable materials.
10. Respond to emergency situations/events and maintenance requests as required.
11. Assist with the renovation/remodeling of buildings; repairs plaster and drywall; paints building structures.
12. Maintain cleanliness and organisation of the work area(s) which includes inventories, requisition (receipt and storage), trash removal and clean up.
13. Maintain complete records of scheduled maintenance procedures and complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures, and standards.
14. Maintain inventory of essential tools and spare parts. Research and prepare the necessary purchasing paperwork for approval and receive accordingly.
15. Perform outside custodial duties such as snow removal as required.
16. Conduct and complete other works relevant and required of the position.
Education & Experience
Must hold a valid Fifth Class Power Engineer’s certificate of competency or an equivalent trade ticket. Minimum of 2 years previous experience in a similar capacity, preferably in a luxury to ultra-luxury hotel environment. Ability to take courses relevant/required of the position (at company expense).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effectively read and translate Building Drawings and Operations & Maintenance Manuals.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrates exceptional service, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Exceptional organisational abilities and natural skill for multi-tasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced work environment
- Outstanding ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and openly in all interactions, both verbal and written.
- Basic working knowledge of building maintenance, electrical, plumbing and HVAC+controls, and IT equipment.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling and disposal; drywall install, finish and paint; working knowledge of health codes, power and hand tools, meters, etc.
- Maintain flexible schedule to meet the business needs of a 24/7 hotel environment, including weekends, evenings and holidays. Available for emergency calls.
- Effectively troubleshoot, diagnose & rectify building related problems.
- Exemplify Core Values and enjoy working in a culture of accountability.
Civic Hotel offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!
Tap below to access our application system.