Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection®, is a bold landmark that merges BC’s artistry, culture and flavours with the spirit of entrepreneurial discovery. Bold in concept and loaded with premium amenities and services, the Civic Hotel is the first world-class hotel to be built in Surrey in more than two decades.
The Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the icon of a great city centre.
Civic is social. Conveniently located next to the Surrey City Centre SkyTrain station, in the City Centre, the Civic Hotel is an iconic centrepiece that forms the hub of this growing metropolis. The Civic Hotel is here.
Reporting to the Manager, Security, Fire and Life Safety, this role will be responsible for the safety and security of staff, guests, property and equipment at 3 Civic Plaza/Civic Hotel - Autograph Collection.
- Provide excellent service to guests, residents, employees and the general public
- Maintain safety and protect the facility and property from any real or perceived threats
- Proactively patrol and monitor the property to prevent fire, theft, and vandalism
- Monitor all access points and provide access as needed
- Assist the public, contractors and others in accessing the facility
- Conduct routine visual inspections of the building (maintenance issues, repairs, etc)
- Respond to all building/hotel emergencies, including guest and facility related emergencies
- Assist with the emergency procedures, including fire alarms, evacuation or lockdown
- Complete Incident Reports and Administrative duties as required
- Perform other related duties as required
Education & Experience
- Valid BC Security Worker License
- Occupational First Aid Level 2 is required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role in the Hotel, Residential or customer service industry
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Mentally and physically able to deal with assigned tasks
- Physically able to withstand extensive periods of walking, sitting, and standing
- Ability to work day, afternoon and overnight shifts as required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of CCTV and access control systems
- Excellent Service attitude, Communication and conflict resolution skills
- Fluent in English with additional language(s) an asset
Civic Hotel offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!
Note: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. All employees may be required to perform other related duties from time to time as operationally required.
Tap below to access our application system.