Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection®, is a bold landmark that merges BC’s artistry, culture and flavours with the spirit of entrepreneurial discovery. Bold in concept and loaded with premium amenities and services, the Civic Hotel is the first world-class hotel to be built in Surrey in more than two decades.
The Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the icon of a great city centre.
Reporting to the Director, Sales, this key role oversees all catering activities to ensure that the customer experience is aligned with the promise of the Autograph Collection. The Manager, Catering Sales is a key member of the sales team.
- Collaborates with the Director of Sales to plan and achieve strong meeting, convention and social event sales
- Analyzes and estimates total value of each business opportunity and negotiates each opportunity to achieve optimum revenue for the hotel while ensuring excellent customer service
- Consults with clients, providing plans and cost estimates. Conducts follow up sales and resolves customer concerns
- Sets quarterly objectives in collaboration with key stakeholders, as informed by market conditions, customer information and industry trends
- Delivers a vibrant and engaging experience to foster repeat business
- Collaborates with Human Resources in recruiting, onboarding and providing continuous learning for the catering team
- Provides leadership to the Catering team to achieve exceptional customer service and meet revenue goals
- Monitors all catering activities and identifies areas for improvement
- Professionally represents the hotel in community and industry organizations and events; attends mandated Marriott conferences
Education & Experience
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales and catering in a premium hotel environment.
A degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior communication skills
- A commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to develop effective teams requiring minimal direct supervisor
- Working knowledge of business software including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, and CRM software
- Extensive food and beverage management knowledge
- Planning and budgeting experience
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry and competitive market
- Knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages – BC Liquor laws
- Safe food handling, first aid and service training are assets
Tap below to access our application system.