Browns is a community organization where we value the local community and are constantly seeking ways to connect to them. Our goal is to create a warm, welcoming, and social environment for the locals in our neighbourhood to come in and socialize with their friends.
At Browns we value integrity, team work, professionalism, an entrepreneurial spirit, and individual worth. We are looking for a Sous-Chef who upholds these values in their everyday lifestyle.
Reporting to the Chef, the Prep Cook is responsible for cooking and preparing a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stock, breads and other food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stock, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to kitchen protocol and standards.
- Ensure that meals are prepared in a timely manner in accordance with Browns Socialhouse recipes and assembles manuals and charts
- Prepare and follow a daily prep sheet to indicate levels on hand and amounts required
- Clean and organize the kitchen at all times. Follow all required checklists and cleaning schedules during and following his/her shift
- Assure the proper care and maintenance of all food service equipment; identify equipment needs for food preparation and service
- Ensure food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, and sanitation of food products
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant
- Performs other duties as assigned and directed by Sous Chef and Chef
Education & Experience
- Level 1 Food safe
- Minimum 1 year in a professional kitchen
- Must be eligible to work in the Canada
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passion for fresh ingredients and producing great food every day
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays
- Customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must work well within a restaurant team culture
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative
- A positive and team-oriented attitude
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to work morning, evening and weekend shifts as business dictates
Tap below to access our application system.
4 April 2019
1 December 2019