Century Group is a BC-based,
family-owned, mixed-use real estate development and construction company in
business for 60 years. In addition to development, Century Group owns and manages
a diverse portfolio of operating businesses, which includes apartment rentals,
retail and commercial leasing, hospitality and seniors living.
Be part of Century Group where our people are engaged in our core values of community, collaboration and creativity.
Century Group Lands Corporation is now seeking a Vice President, Finance to:
- Lead corporate financial stewardship, internal controls and connection to business processes
- Foster Bank (RBC) credit facility relationship
- Lead Bria Communities partnership reporting
- Lead business planning as part of the Senior Executive Team
Reporting to the President, the Vice President, Finance has overall responsibility for financial management and business planning. Working together with the management team, the role helps lead the strategic planning process and is responsible for the ultimate implementation of strategic planning through the business planning process. The role has a forward-looking focus and must help to identify the future financial structures and sources of capital for the benefit of the company and its shareholders.
- Strategic planning (together with Senior Executive Team)
- Translating strategic planning into comprehensive business planning and budgeting
- Financial planning, including identifying ideal capital sources and structures and tax planning
- Identifying risk and mitigation
- Leadership of financial aspects of Century Group’s Staff Partnership Plan
- Oversight of Controller/Accounting and real estate finance functions
Education & Experience
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- 10 years or more in a real estate development and property management environment
- Experience in the banking and construction industry are considered an asset
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A mastery of written and verbal communication
- Financial and management accounting principles
- Innovation in tax structures and planning
- Understanding of current and emerging real estate project debt and equity financing structures
- Strategic leadership and vision
Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking a challenge… just like you!
Tap below to access our application system.