Century Group is challengingly-diverse, BC-based, family-owned, values-driven real estate development company. We take on complex and interesting mixed-use projects and drive every aspect of development — from the vision of the development, to acquisitions and entitlements, to construction, to customer care, and to facilities and property management. And we own and operate a diversified portfolio of revenue-generating businesses — from hotels, restaurants, and seniors’ living communities to shopping centres, offices, and rental apartment buildings.
In business for 60 years, Century Group now has an exclusive opportunity for a new Vice President, Finance, to join the senior leadership team. As a candidate, you will be part of an important transition for the company — one that will see us build an unprecedented 520-acre agriculture-based community in Tsawwassen and our third transit-oriented development in an emerging Surrey City Centre.
Our goal is to find the right person who sees the vision behind our company, and has great passion to see our businesses achieve their true potential.
Reporting to the President, the Vice President, Finance is forward-looking and:
- Leads corporate financial stewardship
- Guides corporate strategic and business plans
- Reinforces the growth plan for operating businesses
- Is accountable to business partnerships
- Fosters financial and credit facility relationships
- Establishes long-term financial and tax plans
- Translates strategic plans into comprehensive business plans and budgets that achieve those plans
- Identifies sources of capital for the benefit of the company and its shareholders
- Predicts financial risk and recommends mitigation strategies
- Provides oversight for all real estate finance functions and establishes financial policy
- Leads the accounting department, advises Controllers on financial management, and directs the financial aspect of the staff partnership plan
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Ten years or more in a real estate development and/or property management
- Experience in banking and the construction industry are an asset
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strategic leadership and vision
- Mastery in written and verbal communication
- A clear understanding of financial and management accounting principles, current and emerging real estate project debt, and equity financing structures
We would like to thank everyone who applies for this role, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Tap below to access our application system.
5 April 2019
1 August 2019