Sunridge Garden, a Bria Community located in Langley, BC, with the passion to create an environment that is comfortable and safe, and is currently recruiting for a Full-time Server to join our team.
We are looking for a Full-time Server to join our team and work with us to set the tone for an inviting, vibrant community for our residents that call Sunridge Gardens home.
If you love to clean, enjoy interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Applications are currently being accepted for a friendly and enthusiastic Server.
Shifts: 4 on 2 off; 3 shifts at 11:00 am – 7:30 pm and 1 shift at 10:30 am – 7:00 pm
The Server’s key role is to provide a relaxed and enjoyable dining experience for our residents, providing
exemplary customer service in the dining room and lounges. Service includes lunch and dinner, teas,
special events and room service through table/tray presentation, delivery and pick up of trays from
resident suites (as required), preparation and service of food, beverages and accompaniments. Other
- Assisting with the preparation, replenishment and presentation of food and beverages under the direction of the Chef or designate.
- Carrying out general cleaning duties and routines, including setting and cleaning of tables together with the bases and covers.
- Cleaning and keeping tidy preparation and service areas, and carts and equipment.
- Scraping and stacking dishes, and when required returning them to storage.
- Carrying out general cleaning of spills and food on carpet in the dining and lounge areas as required.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Minimum Grade 10 education or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a hotel, restaurant, or equivalent.
- Food Safe Certificate is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be physically and mentally able to carry out the assigned duties.
- Must be organized and have the ability to work in a busy environment.
- Must possess the qualities and attitude that respects and maintains the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents and employees.
- Must be able to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, organize the departmental operations, and supervise subordinates when acting as lead hand.
- Must be able to speak and understand English competently.
- Must be capable of safely and efficiently operating all equipment associated with the duties required for the position.
Tap below to access our application system.