Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection®, is a bold landmark that merges BC’s artistry, culture and flavours with the spirit of entrepreneurial discovery. Bold in concept and loaded with premium amenities and services, the Civic Hotel is the first world-class hotel to be built in Surrey in more than two decades.
The Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the icon of a great city centre.
Reporting to the Director, Facilities Management while collaboratively supporting the hotel’s General Manager and entire property management team. Leads and mentors the Facilities Management (FM) site team and provides direction to expedite all assigned task and duties. The Chief Engineer role is a hands-on position that oversees all FM related projects, services and staff training and coaching. Responsible to maintain the overall general condition of the property, grounds and associated systems. Maintains a professional demeanor and provides excellent customer service. Ensures prompt completion of maintenance request work orders and leads the hotel’s preventative and proactive maintenance programs.
- Performs or coordinates minor and major repair of the building and associated equipment, including, but not limited to, Mechanical, Plumbing, Drywall & Millwork repairs, Access Control, Pool and Spa equipment etc.
- Performs or coordinates work order requests and manages preventative maintenance program utilizing C.M.M.S. software
- Ensures daily log readings, on utility, mechanical & electrical equipment and pool/spa chemicals and other related systems are performed and any corrective actions are addressed in a timely manner
- Collaborates on annual operating budgets and capital expenditure planning
- Provides all required and applicable reports as required to hotel GM and Director, Facilities Management
- Responds in a timely and effective manner to emergency situations & events such as, but not limited to, leaks, power outages and environmental conditions
- Manages facilities related capital projects
- Assists with Tenant Improvement drawing reviews and project coordination
- Manages and oversees service contracts and contractor and vendor activities
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the work area(s)
- Maintain complete records of scheduled maintenance procedures and complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, services procedures, and standards
- Maintain inventory of essential tools and spare parts. Research and prepare the necessary purchasing paperwork for approval and receive accordingly
- Conduct and complete other works relevant and required of the position
- On call and after hours work as required
- Supports team development and training and ensure they have the tools to perform their duties effectively
Education & Experience
- Must hold a valid Fifth Class Power Engineer’s provincial certificate (or higher) of competency or an equivalent trade ticket
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience in a similar capacity, preferably in a luxury to ultra-luxury hotel environment
- Specialized building system training or holistic BOMA SMT/SMA or equivalent designation would be considered an asset
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effectively read and translate building drawings, operational & maintenance manuals, etc.
- Working knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical systems, equipment, building controls and maintenance systems
- Ability to understand systems sequences of operation and translate to otherwise
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheets and other software applications
- Demonstrable service, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Exceptional organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Maintain flexible schedule to meet the business needs of a 24/7 hotel environment, including weekends, evenings, and holidays. Available for emergency calls
- Effectively troubleshoot, diagnose and rectify building related problems
- Exemplify core values and enjoy working in a culture of accountability
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Tap below to access our application system.