Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection®, is a bold landmark that merges BC’s artistry, culture and flavours with the spirit of entrepreneurial discovery. Bold in concept and loaded with premium amenities and services, the Civic Hotel is the first world-class hotel to be built in Surrey in more than two decades.
The Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the icon of a great city centre.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, you will support the sales team by ensuring the successful organization and operation of sales administration processes and group activities within the hotel. You will communicate closely with our clients to make sure that all contract details are accurate. You will coordinate with hotel operations teams to ensure seamless execution of hotel events and group arrivals.
- Respond to inquiries - inbound phone, written, advertising, tradeshows
- Maintaining an accurate and effective electronic database for the Sales & Catering Department
- Receive, book & coordinate catering events and group guest room blocks
- Deliver immediate professional and courteous service to all guests
- Assist sales managers with property tours, familiarizing customers and potential customers with property features, products and services
- Be proficient in selling the customer benefits of our guest rooms, function space and catering for Civic Hotel
- Prepare all materials necessary for sales trips, trade shows, and other sales activities
- Participate in weekly sales, revenue, and food & beverage meetings
- Prepare proposals, BEOs, and group contracts, ensuring folio is complete and payment details in order prior to event/check-in date
- Distribute BEOs and group contracts to appropriate departments & communicating any changes as necessary
- Post daily reader board function information
- Complete other duties as assigned by the sales and catering management
Education & Experience
- 2-4 years of successful work experience in a hotel sales or food and beverage environment
- Post-secondary hospitality education an asset
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess a professional, positive and upbeat attitude
- Be a self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Organization skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Demonstrate a superior customer service philosophy
- Knowledge of food and beverage and sales processes
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Ability to successfully handle many diverse projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively use business software including Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite
- Experience with Marriott’s Sales and Catering tools an asset
Tap below to access our application system.