- Proper set-up, maintenance and adherence to scheduled duties within the bar, lounge or patio areas, ensuring everything in place and par stock is maintained for all service related items.
- The preparation of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages using standardized drink recipes and presentation standards.
- Seating guests, taking/placing orders, preparing specialty items, serving food and beverages, clearing, cleaning and resetting designated areas.
- Placing orders through designated POS systems, reviewing final checks and securing payment.
- Maintaining a composed and professional demeanor while providing exemplary guest service.
- Being aware of menu items, menu and operational changes and communicating the information as appropriate.
- Protecting the organization, guests and co-workers by adhering to appropriate food, liquor, workplace service, operational and safety standards.
- Ensuring that all property, furnishings, equipment and supplies are used according to proper instructions and intended use.
- Performs other duties as assigned and directed by GM & Assistant GM.
Education & Experience
· Have experience in a similar environment including a hotel, restaurant, catering or other fast paced high-volume establishment.
· Have valid Serving it Right and Foodsafe Level 1 certificates. Certificates in mixology would be considered an asset.
· Have a good understanding of beer, wine, liquor, non-alcoholic beverages, common drink recipes, basic food & beverage pairings or accompaniments, different cuisines
and food preparation methods.
· Be able to upsell through detailed product knowledge and effectively handle all guest inquiries including food and beverage suggestions, dietary, food sensitivity or allergy requirements.
· Accurately operate POS terminals, debit payment systems, Open Table and other computerized or electronic systems.
· Have the ability to handle inventory management, financial transactions, float management and proper product use to eliminate waste and spillage.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Must have excellent grooming standards and remain professional at all times.
· Must be pleasant, have an outgoing personality and able to communicate and work with a diverse group of individuals and guests.
· Well organized and efficient, able to multi task.
· Team player and works productively with others.
· Have an excellent command of both spoken and written English. Knowledge of a 2nd language would be considered an asset.
· Have solid problem solving, decision making, customer service, communication and sales skills.
· Have detailed knowledge of the Surrey area, services and local attractions.
· Be able to stand for extended periods of time, reach, bend and stoop repeatedly.
· Be able to frequently lift and carry up to 44 pounds.
Dominion Bar + Kitchen offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!
Tap below to access our application system.
1 May 2019
1 December 2019