Who We Are?
Magnolia Gardens, our Bria Community located in Langley, is looking for a Cook to join our team and work with us to set the tone for an inviting, vibrant community for our residents so they can live out their best life with fun, new friendships, compassion and a high quality of care.
Why Bria Needs You?
Reporting to the Manager, Culinary Services/Executive Chef, or designate, the Cook is responsible for
bringing the Executive Chef’s culinary vision to life. As the creators of meals, memories and moments the Cooks prepare, produce and present our residents with delightful and original meals on a consistent basis.
Your Must Haves!
- Must be available exclusively to work 32 to 40 hours for 3 months.
- Must be flexible and available to work any day of the week to cover shifts in a 7 day period.
- Must be able to work both 6:30am – 3pm shifts as well as 11:00am - 7:30pm shifts.
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a recognized establishment.
- Food Safe Certificate is required.
- Red Seal Certificate is an asset.
- A diploma from a recognized cooking school is an asset.
Are you a Bria Fit?
- You must have compassion for others and the ability to provide a high quality of care service.
- We need a high energy and upbeat personality who can be playful, patient and respectful all at the same time.
- You are open to learning new skills, participate in ongoing training, and have good communication both written and spoken.
- You have a positive attitude and enjoy working in a senior care environment and/or a customer service environment.
- Does your lifestyle allow you to maintain both physical and mental wellness?
- Are you willing to be engaged and become a Bria Ambassador by volunteering and contributing to an engaged workplace culture?
- Competitive Starting hourly wage at $19.24
- Team Building Events throughout the year
- Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
- Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
- PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
- Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
- Free Onsite annual Flu-Shot
Bria Communities Gives Back!
At Bria Communities, we don’t just serve our residents but we are heavily involved with serving & helping within our communities. Here are some of the initiatives and fundraising campaigns that we participate in.
- Bria Big Bike to support the Canadian Heart & Stroke Foundation
- Walk for Alzheimer’s to support the Alzheimer’s Society of B.C.
- Surrey Food Bank
- The Grand Parade to support the Seniors Services Society in New Westminster
- Drive-Thru Turkey Trade to support DeltAssist
- Virtual Dementia Tours – An emotional experience we provide to the families, community workers, local governments and staff.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
This position will start ASAP.
Tap below to access our application system.
28 May 2019
1 September 2019