Century Group is a BC-based, family-owned, mixed-use real estate development and construction company in business for 60 years. In addition to development, Century Group owns and manages a diverse portfolio of operating businesses, which includes apartment rentals, retail and commercial leasing, hospitality and seniors living.
Century Group is now seeking an Office Administrator to work closely with the Office Manager & Executive Assistant.
Reporting to the Office Manager & Executive Assistant, this role is part public relations position, liaising with and responding to inquiries from the public and or partners, and part office administration support. As the initial point of contact for the public, the delivery of exceptional customer service is a priority. The administrative component focuses on the provision of office management support services to the team as well as liaising with office suppliers. This role functions in a team-oriented environment consistent with our values of community, collaboration and creativity.
- Respond to all public inquiries independently where appropriate or re-direct inquiries to the appropriate person or department
- Coordinate the flow of information, publications and correspondence within the office, to other company locations and to external recipients including pick up, distribution and drop off mail, courier pick-ups and deliveries
- Monitor meeting room schedules and maintains room supplies; ensure rooms are tidy after each meeting
- Maintain cleanliness of the kitchen and lunch room at all times including ensuring availability of beverages, cutlery, dishes, towels, and other kitchen supplies. Ensure all appliances are maintained in proper working order
- Maintain office supply inventory including sourcing sustainable products, standardizing supplies, monitoring consumption and identify opportunities for savings.
- Respond to and/or coordinate response to various office maintenance requests and inform stakeholders and Office Manager of status of repairs.
- Provide support and training to all team members for operation of our office technology including the telephone system, with collaboration from IS, and its features as well as conferencing options, copier/printers, use of meeting room computers, postage machine, label makers. Ensure printers/copiers & label makers are stocked on a daily basis, and maintained and functioning properly to meet the needs of users. Pro-actively identify issues and take initiative to coordinate repairs and resolve concerns promptly
- Respond to and administer parking requests from staff, under the direction of the Office Manager, and provide parking information to the public and suppliers.
- Assist Office Manager with management of security systems and administer key fobs and alarm codes activations and de-activations along with keep up to date documentation
- Respond to staff inquiries regarding bicycle lockers and other amenities in the area
- Maintain list of current contacts and contracts pertaining to office supplies, systems and equipment
- Maintain detailed, concise, clear and current written office procedures, accessible in various formats, for reference by team members
- Detailed awareness of life safety features of the premises and emergency preparedness and response procedures in collaboration with the Office Manager and ability to respond to staff inquiries. To participate on the Emergency Response Team.
- Book, coordinate and plan events including preparing and posting related articles & events on our corporate intranet. Be an active member of the JOHSC and Social Committee, supporting the committees with administrative duties such as taking minutes, updating procedures and other documentation as directed.
- Provide new employees with an office orientation, and ensure their workstations are set-up with the necessary supplies.
- Responsible for monthly expense reports and petty cash as directed.
- Provide administrative and procedural support, including taking meeting minutes as directed by the Office Manager.
Education and Experience
Have a minimum grade 12 with post-secondary education relating to administrative support experience is required plus two (2) years related office administration experience and/or front desk. Proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications and, in particular, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat Pro and Google Apps.
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: pleasant and professional demeanor, ability to deal courteously and effectively with individuals from multiple disciplines and backgrounds, friendly, tactful and confident.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and initiate new projects as seen fit.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and good attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive issues.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and to adjust priorities when needed. This includes an ability to focus and complete tasks on time and with accuracy despite interruptions.
- Understanding of systems, processes, policies and procedures relevant to operation of an office.
- Strong ability and comfort level with the use of a variety of technologies including office equipment, telephones, security systems, PC’s laptops, smart phones, projectors.
- Passionate, friendly and a confident personality.
Century Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Tap below to access our application system.
12 July 2019
1 September 2019