Browns is a community organization where we value the local community and are constantly seeking ways to connect to them. Our goal is to create a warm, welcoming, and social environment for the locals in our neighbourhood to come in and socialize with their friends.
At Browns we value integrity, team work, professionalism, an entrepreneurial spirit, and individual worth. We are looking for an Assistant Manager who upholds these values in their everyday lifestyle.
Reporting to the General Manager, and working with the Head Chef, you will be responsible for the management of all aspects of the restaurant, executing flawless dining experiences for our guests. As you supervise the daily restaurant operations, you will consistently ensure that all team members deliver professional, friendly and engaging service. Supporting and assisting the General Manager to create a unique working environment.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Maintain and support the high standards of quality represented in our food and beverage programs
- Coordinate and conduct pre-shift meetings and maintain daily communication for food, wine and beverage details as they relate to service
- Develop and maintain staff’s product knowledge through ongoing training
- Promote a positive work environment and culture where staff development and good work are recognized through one on one meetings, reviews and coaching
- Perform Liquor, Wine and Beer inventory as needed and account for variances as required
- Respond to guest complaints and rectify issues that are in line with our corporate objectives
- Recruit employees as needed
- Conduct weekly marketing plans and execute local initiatives
- Create a culture of cleanliness, organization and productivity that meets or exceeds health department guidelines
- Minimize hazards by performing daily safety observations and attend JOHSC meetings
Education & Experience
- Minimum two (2) years of recent brand restaurant experience at the management level or equivalent.
- Serving it Right or Pro Serv Certified.
- Culinary experience, knowledge of craft beers, wines and cocktails.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Record of maintaining high standards in food quality, guest satisfaction, restaurant cleanliness and sanitation.
- Passion for the food, beverage and the restaurant industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with the capacity to develop and motivate staff to achieve challenging goals.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
Browns Socialhouse offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Tap below to access our application system.
18 July 2019
1 September 2019