Who We Are?
The Wexford, our Bria Community located in Tsawwassen, is looking for a casual Server to join our team and work with us to set the tone for an inviting, vibrant community for our new residents so they can live out their best life with fun, new friendships, and compassion.
Why Bria Needs You?
Reporting to the Chef, or designate, the Server is responsible for all aspects of service in the dining room resident lounges and room service for the residents, guests and the public.
Are you a Bria Fit?
- You must have compassion for others and the ability to provide a high quality of care service.
- We need a high energy and upbeat personality who can be playful, patient and respectful all at the same time.
- You are open to learning new skills, participate in ongoing training, and have good communication both written and spoken.
- You have a positive attitude and enjoy working in a senior care environment and/or a customer service environment.
- Does your lifestyle allow you to maintain both physical and mental wellness?
- Are you willing to be engaged and become a Bria Ambassador by volunteering and contribute to an engaged workplace culture?
What You Will Do!
- This position is responsible for all aspects of service in the dining room, lounges and tray delivery to and pick up from the suites. Service includes lunch and dinner, teas, special events and room service through table/tray presentation, delivery and pick up of trays from resident suites (as required), preparation and service of food, beverages and accompaniments.
- Assist with the preparation, replenishment and presentation of food and beverage under the direction of the Chef or designate.
- Carry out general cleaning duties and routines, including setting and cleaning of tables together with the bases and covers.
- Clean and keep tidy preparation, service areas, carts and equipment.
- Scrape and stack/rack dishes and when required return them to storage
- Carry out general cleaning of spills and food on carpet in the dining and lounge areas as required.
Your Must Haves!
- Minimum Grade 10 Education or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a recognized facility, hotel or restaurant
- Must have Foodsafe
- Must have Serving it Right
- Partnership Bonus
- Competitive Extended Medical & Dental Benefits
- Flex Days
- Team Building Events throughout the year
- Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
- Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
- PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
- Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
- Free Onsite annual Flu-Shot
Bria Communities Gives Back!
At Bria Communities, we don’t just serve our residents but we are heavily involved with serving & helping within our communities. Here are some of the initiatives and fundraising campaigns that we participate in.
- Bria Big Bike to support the Canadian Heart & Stroke Foundation
- Walk for Alzheimer’s to support the Alzheimer’s Society of B.C.
- Surrey Food Bank
- The Grand Parade to support the Seniors Services Society in New Westminster
- Drive-Thru Turkey Trade to support DeltAssist
- Virtual Dementia Tours – An emotional experience we provide to the families, community workers, local governments and staff
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Tap below to access our application system.
19 July 2019
18 August 2019