Who We Are?
Sunridge Gardens, our Bria Community located in Langley, is looking for a casual Cook to join our team and work with us to set the tone for an inviting, vibrant community for our new residents so they can live out their best life with fun, new friendships, and compassion.
Why Bria Needs You?
Reporting to the Chef, or designate, the Cook is responsible for the daily preparation and cooking of meals and nourishments from a menu and recipes set by the Chef.
Shifts: 6:30 am - 3:00 pm & 10:30 am - 7:00 pm
Are you a Bria Fit?
- You must have compassion for others and the ability to provide a high quality of care service.
- We need a high energy and upbeat personality who can be playful, patient and respectful all at the same time.
- You are open to learning new skills, participate in ongoing training, and have good communication both written and spoken.
- You have a positive attitude and enjoy working in a senior care environment and/or a customer service environment.
- Does your lifestyle allow you to maintain both physical and mental wellness?
- Are you willing to be engaged and become a Bria Ambassador by volunteering and contribute to an engaged workplace culture?
What You Will Do!
- Responsible for the production of menu items including preparation, production, and presentation of menu items and will maintain a high standard of food quality and service
- Assists the Chef in organizational planning related to nutritional services through planning and implementation of menus and schedules
- Operates cooking equipment in a safe and proper manner. Checks equipment and cooking area after use to ensure safety requirements are maintained. Ensures all dietary equipment is maintained in a proper working order
- Ensures safety and hygiene practices/procedures are adhered to and assist in maintaining quality assurance standards that comply with all Health and Safety Standards and Regulations
- In the absence of the Chef, takes responsibility for the production of the department
- Assists in maintaining departmental budget control by adhering to management policies and procedures of purchasing, ordering, stock and inventory control as required
- Maintains a current knowledge of facility policies and procedures and complies with the policies and procedures
- Promotes and maintains positive communication and relationships among management, staff, residents and the public
- Ensure residents' rights of privacy and confidentiality are maintained, except in the proper operation of the business
- Perform other related duties as required
Your Must Haves!
- Minimum Grade 12 Education or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in a recognized establishment
- Food Safe Certificate
- Must possess a diploma from a recognized cooking school
- Red Seal certification is a definite asset
- Team Building Events throughout the year
- Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
- Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
- PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
- Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
- Free Onsite annual Flu-Shot
Bria Communities Gives Back!
At Bria Communities, we don’t just serve our residents but we are heavily involved with serving & helping within our communities. Here are some of the initiatives and fundraising campaigns that we participate in.
- Bria Big Bike to support the Canadian Heart & Stroke Foundation
- Walk for Alzheimer’s to support the Alzheimer’s Society of B.C.
- Surrey Food Bank
- The Grand Parade to support the Seniors Services Society in New Westminster
- Drive-Thru Turkey Trade to support DeltAssist
- Virtual Dementia Tours – An emotional experience we provide to the families, community workers, local governments and staff.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Tap below to access our application system.
23 July 2019
1 September 2019