Who We Are!
Magnolia Gardens, our Bria Community located in Langley, is looking for a casual server to join our team. Together, we create safe and vibrant communities, where choices are valued and seniors lead active and purposeful lives.
Why Bria Needs You?
Reporting to the Chef, or designate, the Server is responsible for all aspects of services in the dining room, resident lounges and tray delivery and pick-up for the residents, guests and the public.
Shifts: 10:30 am – 7:00 pm & 11:00 am – 7:30 pm
Who You Are!
- You must have compassion for others and the ability to provide a high quality of care service.
- We need a high energy and upbeat personality who can be playful, patient and respectful all at the same time.
- You are open to learning new skills, participate in ongoing training, and have good communication both written and spoken.
- You have a positive attitude and enjoy working in a senior care environment and/or a customer service environment.
- Does your lifestyle allow you to maintain both physical and mental wellness?
- Are you willing to be engaged and become a Bria Ambassador by volunteering and contribute to an engaged workplace culture?
What You Will Do!
- The Server’s key role is to provide a relaxed and enjoyable dining experience for our residents, providing exemplary customer service in the dining room and lounges. Service includes lunch and dinner, teas, special events and room service through table/tray presentation, delivery and pick up of trays from resident suites (as required), preparation and service of food, beverages and accompaniments
- Assisting with the preparation, replenishment and presentation of food and beverages under the direction of the Chef or designate
- Carrying out general cleaning duties and routines, including setting and cleaning of tables together with the bases and covers
- Cleaning and keeping tidy preparation and service areas, and carts and equipment
- Scraping and stacking dishes, and when required returning them to storage
- Carrying out general cleaning of spills and food on carpet in the dining and lounge areas as required
Your Must Haves!
- Minimum Grade 10 Education or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a recognized facility, hotel or restaurant
- Food Safe Certificate
- Skilled with use of relevant kitchen equipment and machines.
- Team Building Events throughout the year
- Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
- Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
- PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
- Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
- Free Onsite annual Flu-Shot
Bria Communities Gives Back!
At Bria Communities, we don’t just serve our residents but we are heavily involved with serving & helping within our communities. Here are some of the initiatives and fundraising campaigns that we participate in.
- Bria Big Bike to support the Canadian Heart & Stroke Foundation
- Walk for Alzheimer’s to support the Alzheimer’s Society of B.C.
- Surrey Food Bank
- The Grand Parade to support the Seniors Services Society in New Westminster
- Drive-Thru Turkey Trade to support DeltAssist
- Langley Meals on Wheels
- Virtual Dementia Tours – An emotional experience we provide to the families, community workers, local governments and staff.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Tap below to access our application system.
24 July 2019
1 April 2020