Who We Are?
The Waterford, our Bria Community located in Tsawwassen, is looking for a Part-time Dishwasher to join our team and work with us to set the tone for an inviting, vibrant community for our new residents so they can live out their best life with fun, new friendships, compassion and high quality of care.
Why Bria Needs You?
Reporting to the Chef, or designate, the Dishwasher is responsible for maintaining a safe, sanitary work place while performing dishwashing and general kitchen cleaning duties.
Shifts: 4 on 4 off. 11:30 am – 8:00 pm
Are you a Bria Fit?
- You must have compassion for others and the ability to provide a high quality of care service.
- We need a high energy and upbeat personality who can be playful, patient and respectful all at the same time.
- You are open to learning new skills, participate in ongoing training, and have good communication both written and spoken.
- You have a positive attitude and enjoy working in a senior care environment and/or a customer service environment.
- Does your lifestyle allow you to maintain both physical and mental wellness?
- Are you willing to be engaged and become a Bria Ambassador by volunteering and contribute to an engaged workplace culture?
What You Will Do!
- Wash dishes, pots and pans, cutlery and utensils. Stack and rack dishes; inventory broken dishes; return inventory items to the proper storage areas
- Carry out all aspects of routine and rotational cleaning throughout the kitchen including but not limited to the following: sweeping, washing, polishing and scrubbing of various surfaces. For example, cleaning appliances and food storage areas, washing floors, walls, fixtures and doors, cleaning and polishing stainless steel counters
- Understand the use of and application of cleaning chemicals
- Participate in the preparation of specific food items and clean up the work area. Assist the cooks on line, as needed. Report defective/damaged equipment to the Chef
- Ensure the proper preparation, delivery and storage of food to ensure the safety of residents, guests and the public
- Maintain current knowledge of and comply with policies and procedures
- Promote and maintain positive communication and relationships among management, staff, residents and the public
- Perform other related duties as required
Your Must Haves!
- Minimum Grade 10 Education or equivalent
- Must have Food Safe
- Minimum of six (6) months experience in a recognized facility, hotel or restaurant
- Competitive Extended Medical & Dental Benefits
- Team Building Events throughout the year
- Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
- Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
- PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
- Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
- Free Onsite annual Flu-Shot
Bria Communities Gives Back!
At Bria Communities, we don’t just serve our residents but we are heavily involved with serving & helping within our communities. Here are some of the initiatives and fundraising campaigns that we participate in.
- Bria Big Bike to support the Canadian Heart & Stroke Foundation
- Walk for Alzheimer’s to support the Alzheimer’s Society of B.C.
- Surrey Food Bank
- The Grand Parade to support the Seniors Services Society in New Westminster
- Drive-Thru Turkey Trade to support DeltAssist
- Virtual Dementia Tours – An emotional experience we provide to the families, community workers, local governments and staff.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Tap below to access our application system.
1 August 2019
31 August 2019