Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection®, is a bold landmark that merges BC’s artistry, culture and flavours with the spirit of entrepreneurial discovery. Bold in concept and loaded with premium amenities and services, the Civic Hotel is the first world-class hotel to be built in Surrey in more than two decades.
The Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the icon of a great city centre.
Reporting to the Director of Rooms, the Guest Experience Supervisor will assist in the day to day function of the Front Office – Valet, Concierge Services, Switchboard, and Front Desk.
- Leads by example and supervises daily operations of the Front Office; assists with check-ins and check-outs at the front desk; while consistently maintaining high level of service.
- Proactive approach on guest comments / issues, ensuring these are handled in a timely and professional manner meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
- Helps achieve departmental goals and contributes ideas for better guest satisfaction, colleague relations and revenue enhancement by providing motivational leadership.
- Collaborates with the Housekeeping Manager to ensure pre-arrival requirements are met in preparation for check in.
- Handles guest requests using an electronic tool/ device to communicate with other departments as needed.
- Works in conjunction with hotel security officers to respond to disturbances in guest rooms, medical emergencies, undesirable guests and including overall safety and security throughout the hotel.
- Oversees all areas of the hotel operation in the absence of senior management, acting upon urgent issues as required and reporting observations to the Director of Rooms.
- Ensures the lobby, front desk and all public areas are clean, tidy and well maintained.
- Attends various meetings and hotel functions as relating to the Front Office function as required.
- Is able to work and assist in other areas within Room Division to cover as needed.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience
A degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management, Hospitality is preferred, with a minimum 2 years of previous supervisory or management capacity in the Front Office division of a boutique or luxury hotel setting.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of Front Office policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as but not limited to MS Office, Google applications, etc.
- Proficiency in Opera and Marriott Bonvoy an asset.
- Must have a flexible schedule and available to do overnight or front desk shift coverage.
Civic Hotel offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!
Tap below to access our application system.
12 August 2019
1 October 2019