Century Group is a BC-based, family-owned, mixed-use real estate development and construction company in business for 60 years. In addition to development, Century Group owns and manages a diverse portfolio of operating businesses, which includes apartment rentals, retail and commercial leasing, hospitality and seniors living.
Be part of Century Group where our people are engaged in our core values of community, collaboration and creativity.
Century Group Lands Corporation
is now seeking a Facilities Manager for Tsawwassen to work closely with the Director,
Reporting to the Director, Facilities Management the Facilities Manager is responsible for overseeing the mobile maintenance staff and has overall responsibility for the repair, maintenance and project execution in a defined group of properties. Responsible for proactively reviewing and assigning multiple requests to fulfill day-to-day service requirements across multiple properties; assists with planning and implementing of Facilities operational, capital, service contracts and preventative maintenance objectives and ensures daily operation of the properties assigned meet service standards and maintain positive, productive customer and vendor relations. Manage staffing requirements such as regular coaching, supervision and training of maintenance personnel. Monitor and provide guidance to the mobile team to ensure the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) is being properly utilized and targets are met.
- Monitor and implement preventative maintenance; prioritize and manage work order processes and requests and keeps stakeholders informed and appropriately involved in decision making.
- Manage maintenance schedules for equipment, perform inspections, and prepare for emergencies by creating action plans.
- Participates in planning for future organizational needs and in the creation of emergency preparedness plans and other code and compliancy initiatives.
- Maintain and report on statistics and services, ensuring all regulations, including health and safety are met; makes recommendations and issues reports for improvements.
- Responsible for accurate reporting of payroll for all Facilities personnel.
- Lead mobile maintenance team by providing technical guidance and coaching to technicians, ensuring technical performance standards are met; supports recruitment, orientation and succession planning process.
- Monitor expenditures and performs cost-benefit analysis, as required.
- Participates in preparing and executing annual operating, major expense and capital plans for each site. Ensures projects are scheduled, executed and delivered as agreed within acceptable standards and costs.
- Identify opportunities to improve energy and water efficiency and conservation.
- Maintains relationships with current contractors and vendor partners while holding them accountable to deliver quality work within budgets and deadlines.
- Approval and coding of invoices within ‘Yardi’ platform.
- This role is required to participate in and manage the on-call schedule.
- Ensure vehicles, tools and equipment associated with the Facilities Management team are maintained or replaced as required.
Education & Experience
Degree, diploma and/or technical certificate from an aligned program or trade plus 5-7 years’ experience working in facilities or project management environment. Basic accounting, project management and general knowledge of trades and maintenance is required. Demonstrated ability to lead and develop effective, engaged teams.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates computer literacy
- Basic hands on experience in the area of plumbing, electrical, carpentry
- Demonstrate technical knowledge in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning HVAC systems
- Knowledge of WorkSafe BC and BC Building Code regulations
- Ability to support budget process and use financial information systems
- Superior communication skills, including strong written and verbal
- Demonstrated leadership skills and excellent organisation skills
- Ability to build rapport, diffuse conflict and motivate individuals toward outcomes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and project as meet deadlines.
- Must hold valid BC Drivers License
Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking a challenge… just like you!
Tap below to access our application system.
13 August 2019
1 October 2019