Who We Are?
The Wexford, our Bria Community located in Tsawwassen, is looking for a Casual Housekeeper to join our team and work with us to set the tone for an inviting, vibrant community for our new residents so they can live out their best life with fun, new friendships, and compassion.
Why Bria Needs You?
Reporting to the General Manager, or designate, the Housekeeper performs general cleaning and sanitation duties to the required standard of Bria Communities. This includes the cleaning of residents' rooms, common property, utility rooms, bathing rooms, guest suite, dining rooms, staff rooms, offices and other areas as assigned.
Shift: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Are you a Bria Fit?
- You must have compassion for others and the ability to provide a high quality of care service.
- We need a high energy and upbeat personality who can be playful, patient and respectful all at the same time.
- You are open to learning new skills, participate in ongoing training, and have good communication both written and spoken.
- You have a positive attitude and enjoy working in a senior care environment and/or a customer service environment.
- Does your lifestyle allow you to maintain both physical and mental wellness?
- Are you willing to be engaged and become a Bria Ambassador by volunteering and contribute to an engaged workplace culture?
What You Will Do!
- Cleans, disinfects, vacuums, dusts residents' rooms, common areas, and any other areas as assigned on a scheduled basis.
- Vacuums carpet and cleans interior windows in resident suites and common areas as assigned.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms, washes floors, makes beds, takes linens to laundry.
- Prepares cleaning solutions and utilizes cleaning supplies in accordance with established procedures and safe practices.
- Ensures that furniture is arranged to provide a safe and efficient environment.
- Checks and restocks laundry supplies as required.
- Ensures laundry equipment and supplies are used and stored in a safe and efficient manner. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to the Manager.
- Ensures health, safety and hygiene practices/procedures are adhered to and assists in maintaining quality assurance standards.
- Delivers laundered linens to residents’ room.
- Maintains a current knowledge of and complies with Bria policies and procedures.
- Complies with all WHMIS requirements.
Your Must Haves!
- Minimum Grade 10 Education or equivalent
- Previous experience in a health care setting is preferred.
- Knowledge about the safe use of cleaning chemicals and equipment required.
- Team Building Events throughout the year
- Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
- Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
- PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
- Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
- Free Onsite annual Flu-Shot
Bria Communities Gives Back!
At Bria Communities, we don’t just serve our residents but we are heavily involved with serving & helping within our communities. Here are some of the initiatives and fundraising campaigns that we participate in.
- Bria Big Bike to support the Canadian Heart & Stroke Foundation
- Walk for Alzheimer’s to support the Alzheimer’s Society of B.C.
- Surrey Food Bank
- The Grand Parade to support the Seniors Services Society in New Westminster
- Drive-Thru Turkey Trade to support DeltAssist
- Virtual Dementia Tours – An emotional experience we provide to the families, community workers, local governments and staff.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Tap below to access our application system.
23 August 2019
1 December 2019