Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection®, is a bold landmark that merges BC’s artistry, culture and flavours with the spirit of entrepreneurial discovery. Bold in concept and loaded with premium amenities and services, the Civic Hotel is the first world-class hotel to be built in Surrey in more than two decades.
The Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the icon of a great city centre.
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, the House Person will be responsible for cleaning and maintaining all Public and back of house areas. This position will also deliver supplies to guests and room attendants, with some projects in the Guestrooms.
- Clean and maintain all Public area and back of house washrooms.
- Handles guest requests in a timely and professional manner, ensuring guest needs are met.
- Remove trash, dirty drinking glasses, dirty linen and terry from the service areas to the garbage bins and laundry department.
- Maintain a supply of guestroom amenities and linens in storage areas on each of the guestroom floors.
- Deliver special items for the guest rooms.
- Check that all electrical items are in working order, reporting any damages or items not working.
- Wipe all surfaces. Dust, polish and remove marks from walls and furnishings.
- Clean and buff all glass and mirror surfaces.
- Vacuum carpets and clean all tile floors in Public areas, back of house and Guestroom corridors.
- Clean and maintain all Elevators and Stairwells.
- Preform deep cleaning tasks as needed.
- Perform all assigned duties and tasks in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- Ensures that all irregularities, potential and real hazards are identified and reported immediately.
- Reports for duty punctually wearing complete uniform at all times.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience
A minimum of 1 year House Person experience in a boutique or luxury hotel.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- An eye for detail and a personal standard of perfection
- Ability to stand for long periods of time with continually having to bend and lift
- Energetic, highly motivated and willing to learn to develop new skills
- Ability to use communication devices
- Must be able to work alone or in a group and have a flexible schedule
Civic Hotel offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more! Please submit your resume and cover letter today.
Tap below to access our application system.
27 August 2019
1 December 2019