Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection®, is a bold landmark that merges BC’s artistry, culture and flavours with the spirit of entrepreneurial discovery. Bold in concept and loaded with premium amenities and services, the Civic Hotel is the first world-class hotel to be built in Surrey in more than two decades.
The Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the icon of a great city centre.
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, the Assistant Housekeeping Manager will assist in the day to day function of all areas within the Housekeeping Department – Room Attendants, House persons, Laundry Attendants and Receiving. The Assistant Housekeeping Manager will be in charge of the Housekeeping Department in the absence of the Executive Housekeeper.
- Leads by example and supervises daily operations of the Housekeeping Department; assists within any areas that need extra help to complete tasks; while consistently maintaining high level of cleanliness and guest service.
- Handles or assists with guest comments, concerns and requests in a timely and professional manner, ensuring guest needs are met.
- Helps achieve departmental goals and contributes ideas for best results, building relationships with co-workers by providing motivational leadership and guidance.
- Work together with the Front Office to ensure pre-arrival requirements are met in preparation for guest arrival.
- Works in conjunction with all departments of the hotel.
- Walking the public areas such as the lobby, back of house, fitness room, etc, to ensure these areas are clean, tidy and well maintained.
- Inspects guest rooms prior to guest arrival.
- Attends various Housekeeping meetings and hotel functions as required.
- Is able to work in other areas within the Housekeeping Department covering as needed.
- Performs all assigned duties and tasks in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, and Health & Safety.
- Ensures that all irregularities, potential and real hazards are identified and reported immediately.
- Reports for duty punctually wearing complete uniform at all times.
- Administrative duties.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience
A minimum 2 years of previous supervisory or management experience in the Housekeeping Department of a boutique or luxury hotel.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of Housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Ability in computer applications such as but not limited to MS Office, Google applications, etc.
- An eye for detail and a personal standard of perfection
- Proficiency in Opera is an asset.
- Must have a flexible schedule.
Civic Hotel offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!
Tap below to access our application system.
28 August 2019
1 December 2019