Dominion Bar + Kitchen is an upscale premium casual independent restaurant that will provide its own uniqueness and neighbourhood flavours. A stand-alone restaurant, it will also provide food and beverage services for the Civic Hotel. With its warm and friendly design, with an open kitchen and seating around the bar, the restaurant encourages the neighbourhood to embrace this as their own, with a focus on “Food.Drink.Art”
Reporting to the General Manager, and working with the Head Chef, you will be responsible for the management of all aspects of the restaurant, executing flawless dining experiences for our guests. As you supervise the daily restaurant operations, you will consistently ensure that all team members deliver professional, friendly and engaging service. Supporting and assisting the General Manager to create a unique working environment.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain and support the high standards of quality represented in our food and beverage programs
- Coordinate and conduct pre-shift meetings and maintain daily communication for food, wine and beverage details as they relate to service
- Develop and maintain staff’s product knowledge through ongoing training
- Promote a positive work environment and culture where staff development and good work are recognized
Education and Experience
- Minimum two (2) years of recent brand restaurant experience at the management level or equivalent
- Serving it Right or Pro Serv Certified
- Culinary experience, knowledge of craft beers, wines and cocktails
Skills and Abilities
- Record of maintaining high standards in food quality, guest satisfaction, restaurant cleanliness and sanitation
- Passion for the food, beverage and the restaurant industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with the capacity to develop and motivate staff to achieve challenging goals
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays
Tap below to access our application system.
5 September 2019
1 December 2019