Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection®, is a bold landmark that merges BC’s artistry, culture and flavours with the spirit of entrepreneurial discovery. Bold in concept and loaded with premium amenities and services, the Civic Hotel is the first world-class hotel to be built in Surrey in more than two decades.
The Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the icon of a great city centre.
Reporting to the Sous chef, at Civic Kitchen we take pride in serving the best food every day. The Dishwasher performs a variety of duties including cleaning dishware, silverware, pots and Pans. The role maintains all work areas in clean and orderly fashion ensuring proper sanitation and cleaning procedures.
- Washing of all chinaware, glass ware, dishes, platters, basket, flat ware, cooking ware, kitchen utensils, Thermos containers, etc.
- Cleaning floor of the kitchen and all walk in refrigerators
- General cleaning of the kitchen and contributing to general hygiene of food and beverage department
- Communicating any failure or malfunction of washing, cleaning and sanitizing equipment to Chef de Partie, Sous-chef or Chef
- Basic preparations, peeling, cutting and transformation of raw vegetables, fruits
- Displaying a sense of ownership in their work
- Maintaining a professional conduct and etiquette
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant
- Performs other duties as assigned and directed by Sous Chef and Executive Catering Chef
Education & Experience
- High school diploma
- Food Safe certificate an asset
- Minimum 1 year in a professional kitchen
- Must be eligible to work in the Canada
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous dishwashing experiences an asset.
- Possess good health and safety habits.
- Must be personable and friendly.
- High energy and strong work ethic.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to work morning, evening and weekend shifts as business dictates.
Civic Hotel offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!
Tap below to access our application system.
17 September 2019
1 February 2020