Century Group is a BC-based, family-owned, mixed-use real estate development and construction company in business for 60 years. In addition to development, Century Group owns and manages a diverse portfolio of operating businesses, which includes apartment rentals, retail and commercial leasing, hospitality and seniors living.
Be part of Century Group where our people are engaged in our core values of community, collaboration and creativity.
Century Group Construction Division (CGCC) is now seeking an experienced and hardworking Quality Control Manager to join our team!
Reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager and quarterly to the VP of Construction the Construction Quality Control Manager (CQCM) is responsible for managing and performing the daily QC responsibilities of specific projects to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the established minimum standards. The CQCM role includes direct oversight and review of the entire documentation and physical inspection phase of the work flow process and working with other in-house personnel (e.g.: Project Managers, Project Coordinators etc.) and external personnel to produce and document a quality product.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Minimum of 5-10 years of construction industry experience with Residential and Commercial building construction quality control
- Possess a thorough understanding of the content in the prime construction contract, each subcontract and the plans and specifications to assist the CGCC Project Manager in developing the onsite procedures
- Audit the project submittal log in Procore and all other project specific quality control reports and advise the Project Manager of any notable exceptions
- Review shop drawings and submittals for conformance with project specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and experience of others on the project team when necessary
- Chair and document weekly QC meetings with the project’s Superintendent and provide written minutes of the meeting through posting them on Procore in a timely manner
- Provide daily QC reports that reinforce activities that are being constructed in conformance with each specific project's established standard and constructively confronts non-conformances to produce the desired outcome in a timely manner
- Conduct preparatory, initial and follow-up meetings to establish an understanding of the standards of care desired for each definable feature of work
- Verify and document that all materials received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal, are handled and stored appropriately and are acceptable for use in the project
- Coordinate and document the testing and commissioning of building systems
- Perform quality control testing and inspection in adherence with contract requirements and company best practices
- Collaborates with managers to identify approaches and methods to improve overall quality
- Coordinates with CGLC Customer Care for handover of project deliverables
Education & Experience
- Construction Management, Civil Engineering or Architecture of Bachelor of Engineering in Construction or 2yr Diploma from an accredited Technical Institute of Technology (BCIT; SAIT; NAIT etc)
- Working knowledge of quality management systems, processes, codes and standard relevant to building construction
- 7+ years of experience in Quality Management/Control on construction projects
- Proven background or training as a QA/QC Inspector in medium scope projects or larger
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
- Ability to travel and relocate as business requires
Competitive pay, Extended Health & Dental, Group Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, AD&D, Pension Plan, RRSP, Training & Career Development
Tap below to access our application system.
27 September 2019
1 December 2019