Who We Are?
Sunridge Gardens, our Bria Community located in Langley, is looking for a regular part-time Receptionist to join our team and work with us to set the tone for an inviting, vibrant community for our new residents so they can live out their best life with fun, new friendships, compassion and high quality of care.
Why Bria Needs You?
Reporting to the General Manager, the Receptionist is responsible for performing a variety of reception, secretarial and administrative duties. The Receptionist is responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of the residents by being aware and available to deal with any issue or emergency that arises.
Shift: 11:00 pm - 7:00 am
Rotation: 4 on / 4 off
Starting Pay: $18.39/hour
Are you a Bria Fit?
● You must have compassion for others and the ability to provide a high quality of care service.
● We need a high energy and upbeat personality who can be playful, patient and respectful all at the same time.
● You are open to learning new skills, participate in ongoing training, and have good communication both written and spoken.
● You have a positive attitude and enjoy working in a senior care environment and/or a customer service environment.
● Does your lifestyle allow you to maintain both physical and mental wellness?
● Are you willing to be engaged and become a Bria Ambassador by volunteering and contribute to an engaged workplace culture?
What You Will Do!● Primarily do night laundry
● Perform various typing/computer and filing duties, including responding to emails, preparing correspondence, admission forms, tenant records and personal documents
● Performs security checks throughout the building
● Maintains communication log daily, with information that is relevant to the operation of the business and the activities of the residents
● Assists in the maintenance of the following records: Rent Roll/Tenant lists and information/Tenant service accounts/Supplier and contract files/other records as determined
● Collects monthly rent cheques and issue receipts. Maintain individual resident accounts, and invoice residents. Responsible for maintaining various accounts for guest and staff meals
● Sorts, matches and processes invoices for review and payment
● Maintains office supplies by implementing the management policies and procedures of purchasing, ordering, and inventory control
● Familiarity with fire and emergency procedures and ability to act as the Fire Warden when situations dictate. Respond to health, fire, resident, maintenance or other emergencies in accordance with policy and procedures
● Report any concerns regarding the health or well-being of the resident and maintenance. Complete Incident reports and manage resident interactions with grace, tact and confidentiality
● Ensures common areas on the main floor are neat and tidy at all times
● Ensure office equipment and supplies are used and stored in a safe and efficient manner
● Report any unsafe or faulty equipment to the designated supervisor
● Ensure resident rights of privacy and confidentiality are maintained, except in the proper operation of the business
● Maintain a current knowledge of and comply with all facility policies and procedures
● Other related duties as assigned
Your Must Haves!
● Minimum Grade 12 Education or equivalent
● Minimum of two (2) years recent office experience, preferably in a receptionist role
● Demonstrated computer skills, including GSuite
● Level One First Aid
● Competitive Extended Medical & Dental Benefits
● Flex Days
● Team Building Events throughout the year
● Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
● Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
● PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
● Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
● Free Onsite annual Flu-Shot
Bria Communities Gives Back!
At Bria Communities, we don’t just serve our residents but we are heavily involved with serving & helping within our communities. Here are some of the initiatives and fundraising campaigns that we participate in.
● Bria Big Bike to support the Canadian Heart & Stroke Foundation
● Walk for Alzheimer’s to support the Alzheimer’s Society of B.C.
● Surrey Food Bank
● The Grand Parade to support the Seniors Services Society in New Westminster
● Drive-Thru Turkey Trade to support DeltAssist
● Virtual Dementia Tours – An emotional experience we provide to families, community workers, local governments and staff.
Tap below to access our application system.
6 November 2019
1 January 2020