Who We Are!
The Waterford, our Bria Community located in Tsawwassen, is looking for a Casual Registered Nurse to join our Care team. We value and respect people, are committed to the communities we work in, and are leading the way in providing excellent service and care to seniors. Together, we create safe and vibrant communities, where choices are valued and seniors lead active and purposeful lives.
Why Bria Needs You?
Reporting to the Director of Care, or designate, the Registered Nurse evaluates, directs and maintains resident care routines including the administration of medications and assessment of resident’s physical, psychological and social health within the appropriate scope of practice. Responsibilities include the direct supervision of Care Aides in the provision of personal care. Responsible for providing relief coverage to the DOC and managing the direct supervision of Nurses, Care Aides & Housekeepers.
Days (7:00 am to 3:00 pm) & Evenings (3:00 pm to 11:00 pm) - 4 on and 2 off rotation (casual shifts)
Nights - 4 on and 4 off rotation (11:00 pm to 7:00 am) (casual shifts)
Who You Are!
- You must have compassion for others and the ability to provide a high quality of care service.
- We need a high energy and upbeat personality who can be playful, patient and respectful all at the same time.
- You are open to learning new skills, participate in ongoing training, and have good communication both written and spoken.
- You have a positive attitude and enjoy working in a senior care environment and/or a customer service environment.
- Does your lifestyle allow you to maintain both physical and mental wellness?
- Are you willing to be engaged and become a Bria Ambassador by volunteering and contribute to an engaged workplace culture?
What You Will Do!
- Provides direct nursing care, including administration of medications, medical treatments and documented procedures as per provincial regulations, standards of practice and facility policies and procedures
- Maintains residents’ records to the required standards
- Uses good body mechanics and the proper techniques, lifts, transfers, porters and ambulates residents in a manner which promotes safety and comfort
- In conjunction with the infection control program, maintains protection against cross infection by using appropriate personal protective equipment and aseptic techniques
- Assists with admissions, discharges and transfers of residents according to Bria policies and procedures
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing care plans and treatments and informs the Director of Care and/or residents’ physician of significant changes in the condition of any resident
- Observes and charts changes in behavior and reactions to treatment and medication
- Checks and records vital signs such as but not limited to blood pressure, pulse, temperature and weight
- Assists with the orientation and evaluation of the performance of the care staff in collaboration with the DOC
- Responds to all resident and facility emergencies immediately; acts as the emergency manager until relieved by the DOC or GM
- Ensures residents’ rights of privacy and confidentiality are maintained
- Ensures that proper security procedures are followed in the handling and storage of any confidential material
Your Must Haves!
- Currently registered in good standing with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience in long term care is preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience in long term care environment
- Team Building Events throughout the year
- Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
- Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
- PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
- Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
- Free Onsite annual Flu-Shot
Bria Communities Gives Back!
At Bria Communities, we don’t just serve our residents but we are heavily involved with serving & helping within our communities. Here are some of the initiatives and fundraising campaigns that we participate in.
- Bria Big Bike to support the Canadian Heart & Stroke Foundation
- Walk for Alzheimer’s to support the Alzheimer’s Society of B.C.
- Surrey Food Bank
- The Grand Parade to support the Seniors Services Society in New Westminster
- Drive-Thru Turkey Trade to support DeltAssist
- Virtual Dementia Tours – An emotional experience we provide to the families, community workers, local governments and staff.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how your education and experience has prepared you for this position.
Tap below to access our application system.
29 May 2020
1 August 2020